Loans and Guarantees
- Loans: We provide long-term US$ or select local currency loans. Tailored to specific needs and can be made on the basis of project or corporate finance. Tenors typically range from 5-15 years but can be extended to 30 years.
- Syndicated loans: We tap into external sources for co-financing. B lenders can include global commercial banks, regional banks or institutional investors. IDB can also syndicate parallel loans to International Financial Institutions (IFIs).
- Partial credit guarantees: We enable clients to have access to better financing terms from domestic or foreign investors. Guarantees range from US$10 million to US$200 million.
- Loans and guarantees range from US$10 million to US$200 million. Max exposure for loans is 50% of project costs for an expansion project and 25% of project costs for new projects.
Climate Concessional Finance
- Through concessional loans, we can offer senior or subordinated debt at below market rates to incentivize private sector investments in climate change mitigation and adaptation.